Friday, August 19, 2011

Lovely Alex

We're back early from the gay-stripper-pole-o-rama because, well, that's about as uncomfortable a place to meet a girl one could possibly be. When we walked in there, I started in on Greg again about how I'm not gay and I'm not interested and . . . then he told me, "Okay, whatever," and to shut up because Alex was a girl, and it didn't matter if this was a gay club or not. Fine. So we went in. And there she was. A full-figured, but hardly fat (in other words, perfect) girl, a little small in the chest area, but pretty in the face, and wearing a red dress. A long, cool woman, standing there waiting for us, moving subtly to the music.

"Good job," I told Greg.

He smiled back at me, and we joined her at the table. Greg made introductions as we ordered cokes.

While Greg was out cruising for men, Alex and I talked. I can't really put my finger on it, but she was immediately fascinating, one of those intuitive things, where you know she's the one you want. Beyond lust, though I was surely attracted to her. There was a complexity I needed to know, like everything she said was the truth, but not entirely. Not that I thought she was lying. No, more like there was more to her than she was letting me in on. Mystery. I was trilled when she agreed to go to dinner with me tomorrow. I'm still thrilled about it.

Usually I end up talking a lot about myself. I know, a character flaw. But tonight, I found myself captivated by her. To be honest, she's one of the few people I've ever met whom I've found interesting enough to want to know.

She said she has a roommate, a close friend, and that neither of them dated that much. She admitted she had problems maintaining long-term relationships -- at least with people other than her roommate. I find that hard to believe, she's so charming.

In any case, we spent much of the evening snuggled close, mostly ignoring the swinging banana hammocks all around us, though we could not help noticing (and making fun of) the guy standing in front of the mirror, lovingly admiring his own muscles, nor of course the guy who bent down and asked Greg on one of the times he came back to see how we were doing what was up with us. Greg thought it was hilarious. I guess we heteros were making the gays uncomfortable.

We hugged before we left. I loved the feel of my arms sinking into her flesh. A nice, healthy, full body with a tiny tummy. She must look like the history of Western art when she's naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment